Wednesday, March 15, 2017

When Failure Slaps Me

Today is my mother-in-law's birthday. So as planned, I made her a cake, a pineapple chiffon cake. Last night, I made my chiffon. Just before putting it in the oven, I was so happy because I know for a fact that it would come out high.  Of all the times I baked a cake, this is the time I set the timer. I want it perfect. I want it just right.

And I used my cake tester. It seem to come out clean when I poked all cakes.  So I left it out to cool and I slept.

Today, my chiffon cakes seem to be undercooked. When I made my swiss meringue buttercream, it was too loose and too runny. I can't make any design with it.  As much as I wanted to tweak it, it was no success.  As I was stacking my cake at 7:30am, still not prepared for work, it dawned on me that I have to call it a failure and this time I have to stop, else I will sacrifice work.

I feel depressed. This is not the first time I had failures in baking, but this one hits me hard.  Maybe because its for family. And failing to bake is failing my mother-in-law.  But I'm not quitting.  I am more motivated.

So later after work, I'll go home and bake another cake. And I hope I come out triumphant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...