Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bohol the Second Time Around

We have just arrived in Tagbilaran, Bohol. 

We are here for 2 reasons: 1. to celebrate my husband's birthday tomorrow and 2) we want to go back to Bohol to experience it together. He was here with his ex girlfriend, and I want him to make new memories in Bohol with me. 

I am just amazed at how things has changed for the past 7 years. I have been in Bohol with my highschool barkada, Lenñy and Joy and it was activity packed two day adventure in the land of Tarsiers and Chocolate Hilłs. I checked our previous itinerary and we have compressed all land sites in one day and water activities the following day. I remember how we have planned that trip, chatting and emailing in between work, 2-3 months before the trip. See for yourself with this itinerary.

Rates have skyrocketted in terms of lodging in Bohol. in 2009, we have grabbed a room for only 2000 a night in a resort facing the beach, and with ammenities such as the pool, a restaurant and a bar. tonight we have cramped ourselves into a backpackers lodge at 1300 a night for a standard aircon room for 2. i have checked some other lodgings and the rates does not go below 900 but it has been sold out like peanuts beacuse foreigners have thrived in Panglao. and that's another thing about Panglao, its population seem to be dominated by europeans, koreans and the americans. nightlife is very evident as bars, restaurants, discos are all over the place. 

On this trip, have no itinerary made. It has been like that since I got married to a man who lives in spontaneity. its not that we dont have any plan at all, we just want to enjoy what the moment offers. because I am not employed and own my time, I have the luxury to make mistakes and enjoy our vacations a little bit longer. So tomorrow is hub's birthday and we have Bohol to see the second time around.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...