Friday, November 4, 2011

Seoul Day 2: Autumn at Nami Island

Second to seeing some friends in Seoul, this is by far, the highlight of my Seoul sojourn.  Nami Island is one of the many places where I could spell G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!  I was spellbound.
Photobucket



After knowing that Winter Sonata, the Koreanovela popular in the Philippines was shot here, I told Kat that it is a must that we go.  I haven't seen an episode of Winter Sonata but the mere fact that it is used as a back drop of the Koreanovela, it surely is a sight to behold

So after almost 2 hours of changing trains, Kat and I arrived at the Gapyeong Station.  We got a cab which costs 3100 won to bring us to the Wharf.  It was a Monday, so I was surprised to see tons of people, the queue was already up to the parking lot.  
Photobucket
The batch of Nami Island tourist just before us

But we didn't wait that much as the service is fast.  Kat and I got tickets (which also served as a visa because Nami Island is a recognized autonomous Naminara Republic) for 8000 won. This already covers the ferry ride going to Nami Island and back.
Photobucket
Naminara Republic Visa

Photobucket
Republic of Naminara

The ferry trip to Nami Island from the wharf is a short 10 minutes.
Photobucket
Ferry Ride to Naminara

Upon reaching the island, we were welcomed by a lot of autumn trees.  It was wonderful.

Photobucket
Autumn at Nami. Autumn at South Korea

Photobucket
Colors of the Sun


Photobucket

The island is actually very vast.  Kat and I decided to discover it by foot, though there are bikes for rent available at the island.  Aside from that there are bank, restaurants, gift shops, ostrich grazeland, a Unicef Train which costs 2000 won and all proceeds go to Unicef, bookhouses, lakes and gardens.
Photobucket
Books are available from these book houses

Photobucket

Photobucket
funny statue

Photobucket

Remnants of the Koreanovela are the bicycles used, displayed in the island.  There is also a Winter Sonata Cafe which Kat and I didn't bother to visit because of high people influx because of the actor's pictures.
Photobucket
bicycle used at Winter Sonata

Photobucket
Winter Sonata Bicycle

What I love most in this island is the lanes of Maple Tree!  Marvelous!
Photobucket
Jumpin' at my favorite part of Nami Island

Also, the Metasequoia lane would have been picture perfect if it has snow just like the Winter Sonata.
Photobucket
at the Metasequoia Lane

There are a lot of people having picnics in the vast grass, mostly groups of old people.  There are lovers too dating in the island.  It is actually a good dating spot for couples.  When Kat and I returned to the wharf, there was a lady in her bridal dress coming from a van.  I guess they are in Nami for a post-nuptial pictures.  Or maybe, she's there for her own wedding.

Photobucket
Last look of Nami Island from the ferry

I just love the place.  I can't get enough of the colors of autumn, and Naminara Republic just gave me a wonderful Autumn treat.

-o0o-
Photobucket
Naminara Republic
South Korea

2 comments:

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...