Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Finally Hongkong Disneyland!!!

Right after taking the most expensive shower, Kat and I proceeded to find the bus station just outside the airport.  We took an S1 bus going to the Tung Chung MTR Station.  From there we took the MTR and got off at Sunny Bay Station.  We transfered to the Disneyland Resort line, which is exclusive for the visitors (and employees) of the Disneyland Park.

Photobucket
Disney MTR

I love this MTR for its Disney theme. The windows and handheld are cut from Mickey's face.  There are mini statues of the characters of Disney like Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy, Googy and Pluto, and even the new characters like those from the Toy Story.  You can't help but be excited of what is in store for you at HKDL.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
It's like a museum inside

Amidst being at the park very early, it is quite amazing that there are tons of people with their families waiting outside the park for it to open.  Kat and I hurriedly queued to get our tickets.  Ticket sells at 350HKD each.  We waited for awhile until the gates opened.

Photobucket
get ready for the world of fantasy and magic

When the gates finally opened, Mickey and Minnie greeted everybody and everyone was up for a photo with them.  Kat and I skipped this part not to waste our time on waiting.  First thing that we did when we get into the park was to check out the lockers so we could deposit our things and relieve us from sore back muscles.  Lockers are at 60 HKD big enough for 2 backpacks so Kat and I shared it.

Photobucket
American village in Main Street USA

As we walked through Main Street USA, we can't help but be kids again.  Every post where there's a  character's headress, we take a picture with.

Photobucket
I fancy Minnie

 We could not get enough of the houses and the stores too.  It was surely Disney heaven.  We came at a time where it is almost Christmas so the whole park was turned into a Christmas Wonderland.

Photobucket
It's a Christmas world at HKDL

Besides Mainstreet USA, the Disneyland park has four other areas based on theme.  Tomorrowland where the rides, shops and art pieces are science fiction and futuristic.  Fantasyland is themed after the magic and make believe, while Adventureland, is where the jungle, pirates and animals are.  The newest attraction is the Toy Story Land where the rides and display are based from the the animated film, Toy Story.

Because there are numerous attractions in the park I would like to mention they must trys because I enjoyed it very much or that Kat was thrilled about it.

TOMORROWLAND 
Photobucket

Kat was babbling about Space Mountain even before we entered the park.  She has been to Disney at the US and have tried this ride.  Being a newbie, I just followed Kat's suggestion and we were lining up for our turn.
Photobucket
I dread this ride!

Space Mountain is my greatest regret in the whole Disney Trip.  The rollercoaster ride in the pitch black "outer space" had my eyes shut for about 90% of the ride.  You could not see the tracks, nor where you are heading.  All was left for me is the threat of being trapped in a ride with sudden drops and sharp turns, all packaged from hell.  Pardon me, but I do not really enjoy rollercoaters.  I don't find anything fun in the thrill.

So when I got out of the "space ship", I felt my whole world still spinning.  I ended up at the nearest bathroom vomitting not only once, nor twice but about 5 times! Yikes!  So if you don't have a knack at rollercoasters, this is not the ride for you.

So instead of going for another rough ride, we settled for a tamer photo opportunity.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Astronaut or race car driver?

Other features of Tomorrowland are Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Stitch Encounter, UFO Zone among others.

FANTASY LAND The first feature that we came into at Fantasyland is the It's a Small World.  As it is a smooth sailing cruise, my bad stomach was relieved.  But more than that, I think this is one of my favorites because I enjoyed seeing the dolls in all nationalities and in Disney characters singing "It's a Small World" in various version.  And I felt proud seeing the dolls dressed in Baro't Saya with the Bahay Kubo background as they sing the Tagalog version of the song.  It was a cruise I really enjoyed.

Pardon me, I'm just overjoyed with this ride.

Another must try and shouldn't be missed is Mickey's PhilharMagic.  You get to watch this show with 3D glasses but what is amazing is the additional effects like the wind gushing through your face or the water splashing. It was trully a 4D experience, I should say.

ADVENTURELAND  If you have little boys, I think Adventureland would be their sanctuary.  Pirates roamed around this jungle of a place ready to capture you for a photo.  Waterfalls, safari trucks, and big forests trees will welcome you at adventureland.

My most favorite at Adventureland is the "Festival of the Lion King", a musical based on "The Lion King" movie.  The costumes are elegant, the dances are lively, acrobatics and fire dance are truly amazing as they retell the story of Simba and his journey to be King.


The Jungle River Cruise is also a delight.  It takes you on a safari to explore the waters of the jungle and you might encounter exotic beasts, jungle folks and volcanic surprises.  I love the fact that there are a lot options with regards to the language for the tour guides so we understood the whole river cruise.  =)  The sun was already setting during the cruise so I have a hard time capturing  bits and pieces of the cruise because of low light and the boat was moving.

Another notable landmark at Adventureland is Tarzan's Treehouse which is smacked in the middle surrounded with water, the only way to get there are rafts. The treehouse shows Tarzan's sotry and his way of life in a jungle.

TOY STORY LAND  The newly opened play area is themed from the Disney Pixar movie, Toy Story.  Guests are shrunk to the size of a toy making all of the toys of Andy GIANTS.  This is the last area we came into so we were quite exhausted already, all we did was observe.

The features of Toy Story Land are Toy Soldier Parachute Drop, which gives adventurers the feel of being a  soldier in a parachute drop.  Take hold and pray for your life, its a great mission to take!  Another ride most guests seem to enjoy is Slinky Dog Spin.  Mimicking crazy dogs who chase their tails, Slinky Dog spin gives its  riders a crazy and helluva ride just like a mad dog.  RC Racer gets guest's adrenaline on the fast lane.  A 27 m-high U shaped coaster, RC zooms riders around at full speed!

Main Street USA Besides the stores and houses that gives you the look and feel of an American village, Main Street USA is where the famous Disney Parade is.  Around 3PM the sidewalk of Main street USA gets swarmed with watchgoers waiting for their favorite Disney Characters as they appear one by one in a parade that had me in tears because I was overwhelmed of the whole experience.  I felt like I was transformed into a kiddo again!

The theme of the park was already Christmas when we were there and so in celebration, they had Christmas Illumination, a ceremony to light up the big Christmas Tree.   Right after that there was artificial snow everywhere, it was quite amazing.

The last and a best culmination is the fireworks display at the famous Sleeping Beauty Castle.  This signals the end of your Disney experience is about to end.  The spectacular fireworks are synchronized to the music of famous Disney films illuminating the skies with exciting pyrotechnique. It last for about 10-15 minutes which is the cherry of your whole Disney experience.

-o0o-
The whole Disney experience is exhilaratingly fun in itself.  Time and time again, it reminded me of how great it is being a kid.  And how big this opportunity was to be at Disney and to be a kid again.  It opens up the world of excitement and imagination. My big smile never left my face the whole time.

-o0o-
Hongkong Disneyland
Hongkong

P.S.  I'll finish up with posting the photos soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! I'm just wondering... How much did it cost you for the whole trip? My friends and I are also planning to go to HK! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Besides the terminal fee and travel tax to be paid in pesos at the airport, I only had 200USD with me. It coverered HKDL entrance fee food, transpo, shower and a little shopping at Ladies Market.

      Please note that we only had a day at HK, just to visit Hongkong Disneyland. =)

      Delete

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...