Sunday, September 4, 2005

A Macau Trip


Would you believe me if I’ll tell you that I went to Macau last Saturday?  You wouldn’t, would you?  But I did, really.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI witnessed Macau through an exhibit in Shangrila.  Hehehe!!!  I had eaten egg custard, their famous pastry, had eaten a cookie all made from Macau, been to their wonderful churches and tourist spots (through the pictures), which are a lot!!!  I’ve seen their native dresses but missed their cultural presentation.  Tsk! Tsk!



Macau is really a melting pot of the Eastern and the Western Cultures.  Macau was a trading post when the Portuguese had its first settlement in China in 1557.  So like us in the Philippines,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting they have European influences as seen in their churches, monuments and even in their sports like race carts, horse racing etc.

It was a fun trip… Till the next Macau escapade, and I hope this time, I’m setting foot in the real Macau so I’ll keep my map, brochure on each places as well as on their churches.  Argghh!!! My a-must-visit list is getting long!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...