1/2 kg medium sized shrimps
2 tbsp EVOO
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp chilli flakes
8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
bunch of parsely, finely chopped
250 g pasta
1. Cook pasta using package instruction. Drain and then coat with 1 tbsp EVOO for the pasta not to clump.
2. In a separate pan, heat remaining EVOO.
3. Add in butter and cook until all butter is melted.
4. Cook shrimp until slightly pink, about 1 minute in each side.
5. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
6. Put in chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Add parsely.
7. Add white wine. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
8. Add in the cooked pasta. Mix. Make sure to coat pasta with mixture.
Serve with additional parsely on top.
*I was not able to find parsely in the supermarket so I omited it.
I also deveined the shrimps so that I could share the dish with hubs. He is usually allergic to shrimps when it is cooked without deveining it.
How to Devein Shrimps
1. Hold the body firmly, then pull the head downward.
2. Take the remaining shell off until the tail.
3. Take a knife and cut through the middle of the to reveal the vein.
4. Pull the vein.