When I went to Singapore, I have been craving to bake. I was so bored that I have been thinking of what to put into the oven for another delicious treat.
So when I arrived home, I am up and eager to have the oven on the loose. =)
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
3 pureed bananas, very ripe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake lids in the baking pan.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.
3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour alternatly.
4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.
5. Bake for 25-40 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/2 stick butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake. Sprinkle rainbow candies on top (optional).