Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friends Meet up Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe

Our good friend Ji is here in Manila to send off his dad to the States.  Of course she could not go home to Roxas without seeing us.  Ji was my former dormate, a college friend and my sorority sis.  She and Kat were roommates when we were in college.

Photobucket

So yesterday, Kat and I met up with Ji at Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe at the newest building in Katipunan, the SM  Berkeley Residences.

Photobucket

I love the atmosphere of Mom and Tina's.  It is very homey with a country themed interiors, transporting each customer to their mom's kitchen.

  Photobucket

The wallpapers are bright and colorful, the tables are adorned with basket filled Christmas-y flower arrangement and there are  nicely painted plates displayed. 

Photobucket

But what made mom and Tina's click is the comfort one each gets from its home cooked recipes making it an answer to gastronomically deprived diners.

Ji got herself a Chicken Spinach Lasagna which is served with two buns.  The lasagna, topped with loads of cheese, is served in a small ramekin is good for for individual craving.  The spinach is chopped so finely and mixed into the sauce, even those who don't eat veggies would love the dish.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Chicken Spinach Lasagna, Php 175

Kat got herself Callos which was served in a ramekin separated from the rice. As per Kat, the towel is very soft and there are green olives which she loved very much.  I'm not really a fan of Callos but with the looks of Kat enjoying her food, it is of no question that the dish is really good.

Photobucket
Callos, Php 195

I loved my order of Barbeque Pork Steak, served with Java Rice and Atsara. I love the taste of the barbeque pork because it is well marinated and it was very soft. Although some parts of the pork was a bit burnt, made it a little bitter, I still find myself loving it.  It hits right home.

Photobucket
Barbeque Pork Steak, Php 265.

For desserts, the three of us got a cake each.  Kat got their Mini Sansrival, my choice is Prune cake while Ji preferred Chocolate Banana Cake.

The Prune Cake was a so so.  I enjoyed it for the first half of the cake but it became too sweet as you go on eating.  Good thing we were sharing the cakes, so we were able to finish it up amidst its uber sweetness.

Photobucket
Prune Cake, Php 100

The Mini Sansrival was a downer.  The mirengue was too chewy, we hard a hard time to take a slice, likewise it was hardwork to chew.  But the butter creme was divine and the cashew nuts are in generous amount.

Photobucket
Mini Sansrival, Php 75

The Chocolate Banana Cake was a so so.  I just love the chocolate icing although Kat find it bitter.  I don't like the texture of the banana cake because I find it dry.

Photobucket
Chocolate Banana Cake, Php 95

We were glad to have chosen Mom and Tina's.  Comfort, ambiance and great tasting food all housed in one zone.  It surely is a time-out from the stress from work and the chaos and buzz of the Christmas Season.  My lunch break was a short one hour but I'm surely glad to have wasted it with friends and in a place such as Mom and Tina's. =)

-o0o-
Photobucket
Mom and Tina's Bakery Cafe
2nd Level, SM Berkeley Residence
Katipunan Avenue
Quezon City

4 comments:

  1. I like my picture here bisan wala tulog. Can you send me the original copy? Hehehe.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! this post made me hungry. btw, i had to google "ramekin." thanks for the new info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat, I'll send it to you as soon as I had some free time...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...