Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Don Salvador Benedicto: Summer Haven of Negros Occidental

It has become my requirement that when I go home at my home province, I would set a day for roadtrip with my family.  Bored with the long vacation, I was already urging my mom and my brothers to fulfill my requirement.  My options are Mt. Kanlaon which I never have set foot or just laze in the hot pool of Mambukal.

So Mom decided to check with her bestfriend Tita Nory, who is from Kanlaon, of what areas should we go to with a picturesque view. After a long chat, Mom got off the phone decided that we join Tita Nory and her family to their place at Don Salvador Benedicto.


Photobucket


Don Salvador Benedicto is regarded as the "Summer Capital of Negros Occidental".  The municipality is known for its constant cool weather with its temperature going down as low as as 16 C to 27 C.  Pine trees line the roadside of  the municipal highway giving off a pine scent similar to that of Baguio. Aside from the cool breeze and the pine scent, the municipality is proud of the zigzag road going to San Carlos City.  This route has been popular when people travel from Bacolod to Cebu City and vice versa.  With all that you would totally forget Baguio City.

PhotobucketBut what differs DBS from Bagiuo are the bountiful falls scattered around the municipality.  Rice terraces, similar to that of Banawe and chocolate hills just like in Bohol is situated in the municipality.  

Don Salvador is trully an attraction.  With only an hour and a half away from Bacolod City, it would be of no wonder if it is the next big thing for Negros Occidental.


No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...