Sunday, March 16, 2008

Island Getaway to Capones and Anawangin

Last week, I with some friends, were enroute to Zambales to discover the islands of Capones and Anawangin. A break from my routine life at work, I guess I need to hit the beach and getaway from all the rowdiness of the life in Manila. I guess I really need the break...

So we (Chris, Donna, Kat and I) were at Philcoa at around 3 am and we proceeded to the Victory Liner to meet Yuuji and Bembem in Caloocan to catch the 4:15 AM trip. But we never anticipated the great number of people who would compete with us to getting to Zambales, we loaded the 5:15 AM trip.



After 3-4 stop-overs, we arrived at San Antonio, Zambales by 9am. Hunger enveloped us so we looked for the market where we would get breakfast and do some shopping of our food for lunch, dinner and breakfast since when we cross for Anawangin islands, its no turning back... we would leave all the comforts we used to have. We will face darkness (no electricity), isolation(no cell phone signal), and great adventure. As Jackie Madrigal would put it, "It's so bucolic"

We had tents for our roofs, and we cooked our own food. We have two deepwells to get unsalted water from and we need to fetch water to clean ourselves and our stuff. But I guess that we have to endure to explore a great beach with a forest of pine trees. We spent the afternoon trekking and then we hit the beach after that. Dinner time came, we had fried tilapia and kilawin, which was my first time. Stargazing followed with all the jokes we have brought. I saw two falling stars that night.

Second day, we headed to Capones Islands and had the lighthouse as our goal. To reach it, we have to climb mountains, and traverse through slippery big oceanic rocks. But amidst that it was so fun and a very unfamiliar experience. The tiring climb would have stopped us but a picturesque view along the way were so encouraging. And when we finally reached the old lighthouse on top of Capones, the view was worth the climb.
-o-
beauty with the sunsetSummer is finally here, and this time, it won't be put to waste. There are a lot of things to do and I won't let it pass me.

Aside from de-stressing myself, it was also an opportunity to be a camwhore. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...